Monday 17 June 2013

The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Butter

Evening, Hope you have all had a good Monday (if that's ever possible!). I thought that I'd share my new favourite body treat with you. It's The Body Shop's Wild Cherry Body Butter.



I've not used a Body Shop product in years so on the spur of the moment last week I decided to see if I could re kindle my old romance. My romance with The Body Shop stemmed from childhood, I used to go to Body Shop party's with my mum and she always used to buy me play soap. Unfortunately they stopped making it (Please Body Shop, bring it back, I know my little boy would love it!).



I love fruity products and things that smell sweet so this really jumped out at me. Nice and summery looking and I do adore cherries. This cost me £4.00 in store for 50 g which is really reasonable. I was very disappointed to find it cheaper on line, but, unless I spent more than £20.00 it would have cost more due to p&p. I'm always a bit miffed to find in store and on line prices vary. It should be the same either way, some people can't physically get to shops or use a computer.

That aside, the product is beautiful. The severity of the scent is just right, not too weak not too over bearing. It smells just like the tub would suggest, of cherries, almost good enough to eat.The consistency of the butter cream is as a body butter should be, thick and creamy and it melts onto the skin really well. It does make your skin feel instantly soft and its not sticky.



I do suffer from dry patches of skin on my arms (since pregnancy, oh the joys of babies no one tells us about!) and since using this not only has the dryness gone but the overall texture of my skin has improved.


I've made a promise to myself that I am going to buy more items from The Body Shop when I'm near a store and not just walk by. I want to try the shower gels next and more fruity smelling goodies, watch this space for more reviews.

Does anyone else have a store or product that they have neglected or fallen out of love with? Any favourite body shop products? what;s your favourite scent they produce? Get in touch!

Much Love
Amy
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love the mango lip butter from the body shop. It tastes amazing and makes my lips feel lovely :) xx

    elledoesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i do like mango, ill keep an eye out for that one xx

      Delete
  2. Oh! I love the Body Shop! And especially Body Butters.. they all are so good! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are by far the best butters around xx

      Delete