Thursday 6 June 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer Review.

Hi, I'm quite the avid blog reader and I've seen various posts about Rimmel's new Apocalips for quite some time now> I've seen some quite mixed reviews and decided that i wanted to see what I thought. I've been dying to try these since the launch but for some reason I've been slow to jump on the bandwagon, today I've finally took the plunge.


The first thing you notice about the lacquer is the packaging, It's very sleek, stylish and looks expensive. The Tube is Clear casing so the colour shows through. I hate testers on the cosmetic stands as they are often really grubby and tainted by other products, the casing shows you exactly what you'r going to get without having to risk a shop swatch (with no tissue available, I mean you ASDA!).



There is a Doefoot applicator and it does its job really well. If you prefer a lip brush, then its quite easy to scoop out the product too. I picked the shade Stellar as it was very bold and a really Barbie pink. This looks amazingly pretty but it's more of a night out colour than day to day. I'm not overly bold with lip colour. The liquid lipstick is very richly pigmented and one small swipe will coat your lips and make them a glossy but matte colour . I might try a less harsh shade for day to day . This product stays really well and almost taints the lips but it would need re applying regularly if you were eating or drinking throughout the day . The product does have a faint smell but I'm undecided on what I think of it. It certainly wouldn't put me off.



Personally i prefer a lipstick, but this is a really nice alternative. Anyone else use these?

Much Love
Amy
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy

    I bought the Stellar one the other day - I love it ^.^, what shade is this one it looks more pinky than Stellar

    Kayleigh x
    http://rufflesandrabbits.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its definitely stellar, i took these pictures in sunlight, i think it looks more pinky out doors x

      Delete
  2. I wish they would bring these to the US! I would love to try them.

    http://amaislyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,


    I have reviewed this too! I didn't pick up Stellar but it does look amazing! I tried Luna and Nude Eclipse :) www.littlered26.wordpress.com

    Ellie x

    ReplyDelete