Tuesday 4 June 2013

Rimmel London: Instant Tan, Sun Shimmer, Medium Matet & Shimmer

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine! Don't forget to use a good sunscreen to avoid the burn if your flashing the flesh! Speaking of flesh, If like me your as pale as pale can be, you might want a quick tan fix to feel a little more summery. I've got just the solution for you.

Rimmel London has quite an extensive fake tan range and all of the products are at really affordable prices compared to some premium tan companies. You can pick these two beauties up from lots of different stores, I purchased mine from Superdrug for the tiny price of £2.98 each. The tan tubes are 125 ml so as far as costing goes, its great value for money.


These tans are designed to provide an instant all over tan, suitable for face and body. Its noted on the packaging that this is a 24 hour tan and washes off. Personally, I've found that these colours do remain on the skin for around a day or so, BUT the finish is nowhere near as good as when first applied. You could argue that's the same with all products but for a tan, you'd expect to look just as polished as when first applied, it's all about staying power. If you do opt to use one of these tans, I'd say have some gloves at hand otherwise you might find yourself with nasty tell tale fake-ry signs. It does wash off but not very well unless you'r going for a full on soak in the bath. I did make the tragic mistake and ended up scrubbing my fingers with a nail brush to get this product to shift. not comfortable to say the least! As far as the all over tan is concerned too, I don't like this product on my face. It seems too heavy. I think a separate face tan or good bronzer would achieve the same results without looking as cake-y.

So up to now it sound like all this product has going for it is its price. Wrong. The shades of tan that Rimmel have available are amazing. they have every shade from fair right up to dark. Its good to have a wide choice as if your naturally fair, applying something that's too dark can look clown like and vice versa. These tans blend really well and they take seconds to get onto the skin, when buffed well you can really play around and build on the intensity of the tan. I chose to buy medium matte and shimmer. I'm quite fair skinned. The reason I purchased both is that I was unsure what the difference would be with the products, I don't want to look too matte or that shimmery I glow like a Christmas bauble.  These products look really well applied on their own, and they mix together to give a really pretty natural looking shade.

As you can see, the colours look completely different out of the tubes. Overall, two products that offer great value for money, a few application cons but when applied correctly and care is taken, you can achieve a salon quality tan.

Has anyone else tried these?

Much love Amy
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment