Friday 28 June 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Hi! Having a six month old can be very tiring and sometimes sleep just doesn't happen. A mixture of these two can leave your skin feeling rather undesirable. I think all new mums (and mums who have been mums for quite a while) always want to look at there best and like they have had a good nights sleep (even if they haven't). I need something to "Wake Me Up" and say bye bye to tiredness. 

I've been a blog reader for quite some time now and although I do occasionally jump on the "hype" bandwagon, when this product started popping up all over, left right and centre on every blog page going, It didn't appeal to me. Its only since becoming a mummy that It's started to gain my interest. I have followed the lovely Kayleigh at her Couture Girl blog since she started it, I really love some of the products Kayleigh features and after whilst searching for a miracle product I noticed this foundation popping up on her blog quite a lot I decided to give it a try! Thanks for the posts Kayleigh keep up the good work!  



The Packaging is really nice. I love the bright acid orange cap. It makes it so easy to find this foundation when your rummaging around in your make up bag. The instructions and information are clear, well written and easy to follow. As far as appearance goes, this drug store foundation is a winner. No one can accuse this of being boring. 

This Foundation is really very versatile. No matter what skin type you have, it seems to adapt to give you good coverage and it really hides problem areas. My mum uses this foundation now too and no matter what age you are it just seems to work. It doesn't sit in any lines, it blends really well (I use fingers or my Real Techniques Brushes). 





My normal Foundation is Chanel and as much as I love it, I prefer the consistency of Rimmel. It isn't as runny or liquid so it is easier to apply. It feels more like a face cream than a foundation. Rimmel have really got the formula right as its not heavy or "cakey" either. The Foundation is build-able so no matter what type of coverage you want, you can achieve those results. 

This foundation does contain a slight shimmer but it is barely noticeable, the little hint of shimmer simply makes you look more freshened. It's a really dewy foundation and it brightens up your face without leaving you concious of feeling like a disco ball. The foundation sits on the skin really well and doesn't look patch or uneven.When the foundation is applied flaws are barely visible, so if like me you suffer from the occasional blemish, or like my mum who has rosea, this will hide everything. Team it with a good primer, good concealer and even the most problem of skins will look perfected. Hd photograph ready. 

The product has really good staying power, even after a long day of running around doing the shopping, washing, bottles, hoovering, mopping, cooking, cleaning and having my six month old spit his broccoli at me and, I still maintain a bit of glam. 

A yummy mummy essential, and if like Kate Moss you like to party, its perfect for you too, and your nan. 

Anyone else use this? What do you think? 

Much Love
Amy
xoxo
  



4 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this for ages, I need to get round to it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try this foundation for quite a while, can't wait till I get it! It sounds utterly divine! I found your blog on twitter and I'm loving it! you got yourself a new follower on bloglovin! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this soo bad, but I don't think it's available in the US..Or at least I haven't seen it anywhere :/

    Sierra of Stylishly Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the wake me up foundation, but I love Rimmel foundations :)

    http://lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete