Tuesday 25 June 2013

MUA Make Up Academy: Pro Intense Kisses Gloss

Hi, Sorry for the lack in posts these past few days, I've been spending time with my family and have had a bit of an ordeal that really shook me on Sunday night. For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you may already know, I was witness to the aftermath of a very tragic road incident where, to now, two have passed away. I know this isn't the nicest thing to be reading on a blog post BUT, I do hope that if anything, it will encourage all of my readers to be super mindful of other road users, wear seat belts and above all stick to speed limits. My heart felt condolences do reach out to all of the families involved and I pray for those still fighting on. You don't know what is around the corner so live every day as if it's you'r last, tell people you care for them, smile laugh and do what makes you happy.




On that note, I stumbled across these glosses in Superdrug and was more than happy to have found them. They are made by MUA. I know MUA is seen as one of the less expensive, less glossy dupe brands but they do make some good quality products. As an avid blog reader I know that there are some bloggers out there who wouldn't feature this brand. BOO! If you ask me, High end, Mid range or Dirty cheap, If the product works well with your skin, Does its job and does it well Who cares about the brand or the price tag. Lets all say bye- bye to brand snobbery and use a combination!

These are the shades I bought, from L-R,
*Kiss and Tell
*Quick Kiss
*Lips Are Sealed
*Sweet Nothings



They are all really boringly packaged . They remind me of those free glosses that I used to get as Freebies from Mizz Magazine as a girl. I'm really not keen on the glitter kiss at the tops of the tubes as it makes the glosses look cheap and childish. That said, these glosses cost just £2.00 so they are cheap and would probably appeal to younger girls too who are discovering beauty on a pocket money budget.

The Saving grace of these glosses are they are really not bad quality. The Doe Foot applicators work as well as you'd like and need. The colours are well pigmented, they have the right consistency and don't smell foul. The longevity isn't the best in the world but I find that's the case with all glosses. Nothing a quick re application won't fix. As far as value goes, if you want a cheap gloss, don't mind packaging and a touch up, these are brilliant.

Not my favourite gloss but I will use them non the less.

Has anyone else noticed brand snobbery? Any brand you wouldn't use? What about the glosses? do you use them?

Much Love
Amy
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I hate brand snobbery! Theres no need for it, MUA do some brilliant products that are practically identical to higher end versions! But if people insist on spending their money on a product that they can get somewhere else for much cheaper then let them I say!

    I personally think that half the fun of blogging is comparing the cheaper products to the higher end products and finding dupes! :D

    Great post, these lip-glosses look good on the swatch but I do agree with you on the packaging :S I may pick one up tomorrow when I go shopping :)

    - Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh someone who shares my views. its refreshing! yes downfall is tghe packaging but worthy buy non the less x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried these I like the look of Lips are sealed. I tagged you on my blog to do the skincare tag :) x
    jessicasjournalx.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thankyou soo much ill go check that out. they are good for their money but not the prettiest packets on the shelf xx

      Delete
  3. Wow that must have been an awful thing to have witnessed i hope you are OK hunny.

    I really must try this brand i still haven't given it go but there have been so many great reviews about the range i feel like i am missing out.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im fine, i wish i could have said the same for the three girls, theyve all passed away now :( it does change your perspective on things and learns you to cherish, live for the day and go for what you want. times precious!

      its one of those brands that do dupes of pretty much everything. some things are great some not so great. but at the end of the day the prices are tiny compared to higher end, so if you couldnt afford to buy the higher end, you could probably buy the whole MUA dup range for half the price.

      xx

      Delete