Wednesday 5 June 2013

Chanel Vitalumiere Satin smoothing Fluid Makeup SPF 15: Foundation

Hello there beautiful! Today's review is about my Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. I've owned this product for a good few weeks now and it's been my favourite foundation to date. 

Chanel Vitalumiere is described as a "Satin Smoothing Fluid Make up" with SPF 15. The little leaflet that came with it goes on to say "bringing a radiantly youthful smooth satin make up finish and a light, moisturising texture... your complexion is visibly rested, immediately on application, the photo reflective pigments have an optical smoothing effect. Fine lines and blemishes are softened and your complexion has a visibly more youth appearance, your skin is energized, the presence of an energizing ingredient, derived from brown seaweed, which is renowned for its stimulating properties helps to give the complexion an immediate "healthy glow".



This foundation feels amazing and its really light and dewy. It gives a lovely glow without being greasy. It's perfect for my normal to dry skin. I'd say steer clear if you have an oily complexion as it may emphasise that. The product apply's really well to the skin and gives a light to medium coverage. It stays put throughout the day and helps to keep skin soft and subtle. One of the things I love about this product, is if you do feel you need to have a little more coverage, its very build-able. It looks just as nice applied with fingers as it does with a brush. I find I get the best results using Real Techniques Pointed Foundation and Buffing Brush. A little goes a long way as far as this product is concerned so don't get pump happy. If you like a really natural finish this is the foundation for you.




I chose shade 10 Limpide- Nude. I do believe it's the lightest shade of the collection and in summer it matches brilliantly, but, I would have liked to see a larger range of colours so I could have got a lighter shade for winter too . I don't usually use a foundation with an SPF as I tend to apply sun screen anyway but its nice in case you forget on the chillier days. The reason I tend to avoid product containing sun screen is I don't really trust the level of SPF, surely a foundation behaves differently to a sun cream? On warm days I prefer to be bare faced too . 

The only real issues I have with this foundation are packaging and price. My quibble with the Packaging is that as its a "pump" bottle and the contents are really quite fluid, sometimes the product leeks into the cap. I'd be very wary of dropping this into a handbag. The plastic cap doesn't seem overly strong either. I purchased my foundation at the Chanel counter at House Of Fraser and it set me back £34.00 for a 30 ml bottle. I do appreciate Chanel is a high end premium brand but still, it's a lot. Drug Store Foundations are coming along way and for Chanel to keep producing foundations at this cost, they might loose out on customers. Anywhere up to £30.00 would be more reasonable. 


If this is something you intend on wearing everyday it would be a good investment. As much as I love this, and adore the brand, I think I'll be looking at cheaper liquid foundations when this runs out. 

What do you think of liquid foundations? Tried this one? Feel free to leave comments I always try my best to reply. 

Much Love
Amy 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I've had trouble with Chanel foundation leaking in the past so be careful! I appreciate that the pump is useful for getting the product out but I always feel like it leaves a lot of waste at the end of the products' life. Unfortunately this doesn't go pale enough for me either, otherwise I would have liked to try it as I like the natural finish it gives.

    Sophs x

    LaVieSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its lovely but a really poor range of shades i hope they do some more in new packaging x

      Delete