Monday 10 June 2013

Philip Kingsley Pure Silver Shampoo & Conditioner (*)

Hello Beautiful! Today's post is about an amazing product that I was sent to take a peek at and review by the lovely guys over at QVC. I was very excited when the parcel containing Philip Kingsley Pure Silver Shampoo and Conditioner(*) arrived at my house, and with good reason too.


What I initially noticed about these products was they came in lovely little cardboard boxes. Okay, Granted you could argue that there's no need for extra packaging but for me, when you buy(*) a product that's well presented, it gives that extra feeling of luxury.


 The text and instructions are very well written, easy to read and easy to follow. The Overall Packaging design is very simplistic and sophisticated. No fussy pictures, no in your face colours, A packaging plain Jane but perfect in every way. I adore the shape of the bottles, they are just the right size to hold and the cap is nicely shaped and great at preventing spills if the bottle ends up falling over.


I've tried Purple/ Silver Shampoo's and Conditioners in the past but I've always found that they only tackle tone correction. Philip Kingsley's products on the other hand, really have their work boots on. After just one wash, My hair felt as strong and healthy as it has when using shampoo's and conditioners that are specifically designed for damaged hair. The Formulas are simply amazing, My hair can feel dry at the ends and greasy at the roots and this really combats all issues at the same time.

What I really love about the shampoo is it's consistency. Its really fluid yet almost gel like. It isn't at all like a shampoo that you'd find on the high street, it screams salon quality. As the shampoo is quite runny, it is very easy to apply and distribute throughout your hair to get even coverage and ensure no precious locks of hair are missed. It lathers brilliantly and a small amount goes quite far. I have shoulder length hair and a squirt the size of a £2.00 coin was sufficient. The Violet tones in the shampoo aren't as harsh as other products either, your bath water wont turn a ghastly purple colour and you wont need to panic about using too much and having another purple-y tone issue to worry about.


The conditioner complements the shampoo perfectly. Although I'd use either of these individually, I'd say they work best as a team. The conditioner is very thick in texture and feels very creamy. It really stays where you put it and it feels incredibly moisturising. A very pretty colour and like the shampoo, the conditioner smells divine. Fragranced with lavender, The shampoo and conditioner are really "calming" and are ideal for that bed time bath when you want to un-wind. I did use slightly more conditioner than shampoo but I do tend to find that is the case with any brand I use.

My hair colour has been restored to a natural, glossy looking blonde. The yellow, brassy tones were eliminated after just one wash. My locks are naturally a mousey blonde colour and I do have a cm of root re-growth and I feel like my hair has blended a lot better with the bleached roots. If like me, you want to maintain your colour longer or are wanting something to blend between colours, id say you need these products in your life. My hair looks naturally highlighted, What's not to love?

I most certainly won't be scrimping in the future and buying a similar type of product cheaper, (Pro:Voke I mean you!) You loose out on the quality and the care for your hair factor. Yes this does come with a slightly bigger price tag but, I had to use a lot more of other brands product to achieve the same results. The tone correction works so incredibly well too, I'd even say you could alternate with your regular shampoo and conditioner for a pick me up when you need it. These shampoos are available to buy from QVC  and these 250 ml bottles are £27.00 a set . These items are available in bigger sizes too .

I'm going to be trying more from QVC in the future. I've never purchased anything from QVC in the past, I'd always associated shopping channels and their websites with expensive jewellery, home wares and older fashions, How wrong I was! I'll be tuning in and paying attention. One of the reasons I've overlooked QVC in the past was I didn't expect that they would have such a wonderful beauty and health care range. Check out this huge list of brands available! I'd also expected things to be expensive and for P& P to be extortionate but that's not the case at all. They offer really great brands at affordable prices. If you haven't considered buying your products from them, Why not?

Have you shopped at QVC in the past? Or are you putting a purchase from them on your to do list? What Philip Kingsley Product do you love? If you don't own anything by the brand, you don't do your hair justice!

Thanks for reading!
Much Love
Amy
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about phillip kingsley but never tried anything, I really should they look amazing!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go for it, I'm thinking about trying a treatment from them next xx

      Delete