Monday 8 July 2013

Stila Convertible Colour Trio In Warm

Hello there beautiful. I feel like I have been really neglecting you guys, I tried to schedule a few posts but didn't get to do as many as I'd like and unfortunately my life is rather hectic at the moment (This next little chunk is a ramble of why I'm so busy!). When I found out I was pregnant with my little boy, it was a HUGE shock. I was told it would be almost impossible for me to conceive without fertility treatment, so as you can imagine being in a warm trusting relationship, contraception was the least of my worries. After a trip to the doctors (Where I expected to be told I'd need an operation on my ovaries) I was told I was pregnant. I was so shocked, excited and amazed that it was actually happening to me. As much as we all wanted my baby, If we'd have known, we would have planned a little ahead. At the minute I still live at home with family with my baby and my better half lives at home with his family too. Its really nice having support from my family but we do now need our own space as our own new family. Now this is where my time is currently going, After spending unreal amounts of time looking for the perfect home we have finally found it. So now I'm arranging what work needs doing, decor, appliances and so on. So if I'm a little slower with posts, I do apologise! I still love you all and adore writing. 



I've been eyeing up the infamous Convertible Colours by Stila for quite some time, but always spent too much time um-ing and ah-ing over which shade to buy. That is, until a couple of weeks ago when I heard about their trio palettes and just knew that I had to own one. There are two palettes available, 'Cool' and 'Warm', each consisting of three shades - two classic favourites and one exclusive, limited edition shade. Perfect for an indecisive girl like me! After a little to-ing and fro-ing between which palette to buy, I settled with Warm. 






Gerbera and Camellia are the classic shades and Honeysuckle is the limited edition shade. All of the colours would work really well with all skin tones. My skin is looking slightly warmer this summer so this palette is just perfect for me. Although I do prefer Gerbera Myself! The palette is dual purpose and although the colours work exceptionally well on the lip, Its as a blusher where they really excel. The formula is very creamy and glossy and it's really well pigmented. You can wear it for a sheer and natural look or really build up a strong colour if you so desire. The product applies like a dream. It looks really pretty applied using fingers or I use my Real Techniques Lip or Stippling Brushes to achieve a perfectly polished look.  


The Packaging is nice too. The purple box is amazingly pretty and i can't bring myself to discard it so i keep my palette safe in that. the palette is cased in nice shiny black plastic and the set has a mirror to which is incredibly handy. The products smell really nice and the products last for a decent amount of time on the skin. once applied the blush lasts all day, the lips do need a touch up though as to be expected. 


(L-R, Gebera, Camellia, Honeysuckle) 


I have found that these colours seem to last forever, so as far as value for money goes, I don't see any reason why this palette wouldn't last over a year of everyday use. I'm now exceptionally tempted to purchase the cool palette too. The palettes are a steal at the price of £23.00, especially considering you receive three shades and a single Stila shade costs £16.00. I bought mine from Feel Unique. To summarise, really pretty colours, wearable, versatile and great value for money. If you need a new blush or are after a new lip product, I'd highly recommend that you give one of these palettes a try, you wont be disappointed. Do you love Stila products? What is your favourite?Much Love Amy xoxo


3 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous! I have been wanting to try these Stila Convertible colours for ages so I think this palette idea is a great way to test them out :) Thanks for sharing :D x

    Beaumaquillagex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find your perfect place soon!
    I'm lusting after the stila convertables, I didn't know that they did the trios! Really really wanting to get my hands on these now! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know they made this into a palette!! Nice! I'm obsessed with all of them!! My favourite is the coral one tho. :P

    Sarah| Beauty and Lemonade xo

    ReplyDelete