Tuesday 2 July 2013

Baby Soft Skin... Baby Bath Borrows.

Hey there. There's no denying we all strive for fresh looking, young skin. If you think of who in the world has the most perfect skin, it's got to be a babies hasn't it? So why not take heed from our little loved ones and lend their bath time basics? I use so many of my little boys products for my own vanity purposes and I always feel like I'm using something pure and gentle when I use something of his. Manufacturers of baby products must have spent millions on designing perfect products for the most sensitive skins. What's even more satisfying than knowing I'm using something gentle is the cost. Baby products these days are so very inexpensive these days and they could really give some premium high end beauty products a run for their money. All of the products I've featured retail at around £2.00 and they are available pretty much anywhere! I buy my baby basics from Boots as I collect points so I can buy myself a little something nice now and again.



Johnson's Cotton Buds:

I absolutely adore these buds. They are really versatile, If ever I have a little imperfection with my Make-Up I use a little bud dipped in remover and I can clean up the error with precision. I enjoy painting my nails but unfortunately I'm not blessed with the steadiest of hands so again a little nail varnish soaked on the end of a bud and it works like the eraser on the end of a pencil. 

Baby Oil: 

Baby Oil comes in really handy for removing false eyelashes. A little bit on the end of a cotton bud and a few rubs and viola! removal without pulling out pretty lashes. A few drops of baby oil in your bath or massaged onto the body works wonders for dry skin. It can be used to aid tanning to  but personally I feel that it should be avoided and we should always use a sun screen or something with SPF designed to enhance tan. Burnt red skin never looks good. 

Johnson's Baby Powder: 

This is one of the products i don't tend to use as often BUT it still has its place. If I run out of dry shampoo and don't have time for a wash I massage the tiniest bit through my roots and ends and my hair looks a lot cleaner. I use the powder after a bath or swimming too, It always makes clothes or pyjamas feel soo much better and you can't beat the smell of talcum powder. 

Johnson's Baby Shampoo: 

My most used baby borrow. I'm guessing if you are taking time to read my beauty blog you wear make up right? So that means you'll use make up brushes to apply lovely goodies? Well that means you need Baby Shampoo in your life. Its really important to wash your brushes/ sponges and keep everything sanitised and hygienic so that you not only get best results but prevent infection too. I have tried a million and one brush cleaners and I feel baby shampoo achieves the deepest most gentle clean. I really like MAC's brush cleaner but it is a lot more expensive and when you need to clean on a regular basis and you have a lot of brushes it works out a dear do. The shampoo leaves my Real Techniques brushes feeling like brand new. 

Pampers Baby Wipes:

I know how important skincare routine is but as a new mummy I don't always get time to adhere to routine as much as I'd like. So If I don't have time to remove all of my make up, cleanse, tone and moisturise, I use a baby wipe for a quick freshen up and to remove any grime. The wipes hold their moisture too so they last a long time. They are very gentle so even the most sensitive of skins can use wipes. I have a horse and when I do have time to go out riding, some of the tracks and routes I use can be very dusty so when I return from my ride, Its nice to give my face and neck a quick once over to feel clean and free from pore clogging dust. ERGH!



Do you have any products that you use for a different purpose? Or have any Baby goodies you use? 

Much Love 
Amy
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice to know m not the only one who uses these products. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use all of these too! :P Baby wipes are also great for feminine hygiene!!!

    Sarah| Beauty and Lemonade xo

    ReplyDelete