Thursday 4 July 2013

ELF: Eyes Lips Face HD Blush Showstopper

Hello there beautiful! I feel like I've been really neglecting my little blog these past few days and I've even missed two #bbloggers chat's on twitter, shame on me! Unfortunately sometimes life takes over and you just have to put blogging on the back burner. BOO. I do have a little more time to myself these coming days so I will try and schedule and write as often as I can. I'm currently looking for our first family home too, so if any of you lovely lot have interior design or make up storage posts please get in touch! (Email, Twitter or just leave a comment).




Today's post is about ELF HD Blush in Showstopper. I had a little spare cash floating around in a paypal account and decided to buy myself some new make up, I wanted to try something that I wouldn't normally go for and this really caught my eye. I do absolutely adore blush but always seem to go for palettes, powders or creams so this squirty bottle was something a little new to me. I'd never normally buy plum colour blushes, I'm very much a coral or pink girl but I do feel that sometimes I miss out of discovering some fantastic products for fear of the unknown. The colour doesn't look as Harsh once its been blended properly although it is still a really strong well pigmented colour. I would like to try more colours from the range,because as much as I do love this I feel it would suit my skin tone better in winter months. It does look more of a deep plum pink on the skin.

The Blush isn't the easiest of blushes to use. The tiniest amount goes a LONG way. If you do buy this use the smallest amount you can and build it up to get the desired effect that you want, otherwise that blob is really going to make you look clown like. I did squirt this onto the palm of my hand and use my Real Techniques Stippling brush and after a little practice I managed to get this to sit and look perfect and flawless. The product is very fluid and personally I feel it adds a little stain to the cheek. Its best to be quick with this Blush. I'm not so sure where the HD comes into it in my opinion Bourjois cream blushes photograph and wear better.





The packaging is really quite nice. Its plain and sophisticated. Its great that you can see the colour of the product through the casing. The pump works brilliantly and its easy to choose how much or little you want to dispense. This blush cost me £3.75 for 10 ml. It Isn't as cheap as some other blushes made by ELF but I think they have the pricing just right. I wouldn't pay any more for this as as its fiddly to apply but I feel that once its on, it deserves its price tag. Maybe a tweak in formula to make this a little creamier would be the answer. Overall a good cheap cream blush, good pigmented colour but a little monster to apply.

Anyone else got this blush? or a HD blush? What do you think?

Much Love
Amy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment