Friday 5 July 2013

Calvin Klein Delicious Truth Lipstick in Retro

Hi, Hope you are feeling great! Today I'm sharing my most used lipstick (in the past few weeks). Its Calvin Klein's Delicious Truth in the shade Retro. I recently made a few purchases at Fragrance Direct this being one of them. I'd never tried anything from the Calvin Klein range before and when I noticed this reduced from £15.00 to £1.99 I couldn't resist it.



I must admit that the packaging is less than impressive, plain black, dull and boring. Even more shocking the lipstick didn't have it's own box. I know this lipstick was reduced and in the sale but when If I was spending above £10.00 on a Lipstick I'd expect a box (If you don't know already, I love boxes and packaging!!).

The lipstick isn't what I expected at all. It is rather opaque and shiny with just a hint of colour. I do normally prefer a matte colour but that aside, its a very nice natural day to day colour. The image of the colour on the website is VERY misleading, Its more of a bubblegum candy pink than the deep pink I was expecting. There are a few other shades available on the website.




The longevity of this lipstick is quite fair, it lasts an hour or so but after that touch ups are needed to keep that shiny lipstick look. Its an ideal pop in your handbag lipstick for day to day use. My niece (who is still in school) really loves this as its so subtle she can wear it in class. I'd say I'd buy from Calvin Klein in the future although I'd be really reluctant to buy on line without knowing the product or trying a sample. I'm not sure if it was an error by Fragrance direct or Calvin Klein but the description of this lipstick just didn't match the product.

Anyone else found the descriptions a little flawed? Or fell in love with this lipstick?

Much Love
Amy
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I blame FD! I ordered some of their lipsticks from Calvin Klein range and they didn't have boxes either :( not very good when you know that they sell them in boxes :( xx

    ReplyDelete