Thursday 23 May 2013

MUA Power Pout: Review and Swatches

Hi! Hope you are all having a good day. My little boy is teething so I'm having a lazy cuddles on the sofa day. These day's are the best!
Now I think Just about every man and his dog have noticed Jumbo Lip Pencils slowly appearing and popping up all over the place. Personally, although I love lipsticks, I've been a little cautious jumping on this bandwagon as some products on the market, especially from premium brands, can be quite pricey for something your not too sure about. Anyway, whilst browsing in Superdrug the other day I spotted these MUA Power Pout Colour Intense Tint & Balm sticks.



On first glance the product is really pretty and each colour comes in a pencil case that represents the colour it contains. The Power Pout is quite sizeable in comparison to a lipstick but it would still fit comfortably into a handbag. That said, the lid on the Pencil tube is rather flimsy so I definitely wouldn't just be dropping this product into the bottom of a much loved handbag any time soon! 


When I got my Power Pout collection home and gave the lip product a try one of the first things I noticed was the Minty Smell. Personally unless its a toothpaste, Minty just isn't my thing, but it was quite refreshing and better than it smelling bland or chemically. Every Lip Balm I've tried in the past has always been quite poor when it comes to the colour, these on the other hand, do leave a lot more colour on the lip than i anticipated. If you love opaque colours, then this maybe isn't the product for you but if your after something light and sheer id definitely recommend these. I have swatched these Lip Pencils but I do feel that although it will give you an idea of colour it wont really represent what the product will look like on the lip so keep that in mind! 

In terms of staying power id say this product is pretty good, lasts a good few hours without needing re application. It does feel nice, soft and  moisturising but I don't think it would provide as much support as a single purpose lip balm in the harsh winter months. Its Nice and soft and almost feels like a lip butter as opposed to a lipstick . 



I'd definitely say that there is a place in my Make-Up bag for these lip pencils. At just £3.00 each they are great value for money. 

i do believe that there are six in the collection and unfortunately my local Superdrug only had five, so if I'm out and about I'll definitely pick up the sixth colour. 


Has anyone else tried a Lip Pencil? Got a Lip Pencil by a different brand you love? It would be great to hear from you!

Much love
Amy 
x0x0


UPDATED.....

I've finally added the final shade to my collection, what a beauty it is, by far my favourite of them all, its called     Broken Hearted and its a lovely shade. here are a few pics and a swatch. That's all from me xxx




2 comments: