Friday 24 May 2013

MUA Makeup Academy: Undress Me Too Pallette Review and Swatches

Hello everyone! Hope that your enjoying Bank Holiday Weekend. I'm really looking forward to this one as I'm spending time with my family and having a date night with my other half to go to the pictures to see Hangover 3. To all of the ladies out there to be lucky in love and not yet have a family, never take time you have together as a couple for granted, once the babies arrive, alone time goes out of the window in a puff of smoke. So as this date night is quite a big deal to me and I do feel that no matter how long you've been together as a couple its always good to make an effort. 

When browsing in Superdrug,  sometime last week, I noticed this little eye shadow palette with twelve shades. I tested it quickly last night before my bath. Personally, I have found in the past that some less expensive eye shadows can be difficult to apply and are poorly pigmented so I do tend to avoid at all costs. This Palette has completely changed my opinion on price and quality when it comes to eye shadows. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the best products I've ever used but for the small price of £4.00 it most certainly isn't one of the worst. As far as value for money is concerned, it would be quite difficult to find this number of shades for the same price elsewhere. 


I would definitely say that some of the colours are better quality than others for pigment and some are virtually un-detectable when applied on my skin. (Yes shy and naked I mean you!). When used in conjunction together you can make a quite nice smoky eye combination. The shade Obsessed woks quite well applied on the Brow too. It was very refreshing not to have a multitude of product to clean up that slipped or dropped onto my cheek bone too. nothing more annoying that getting a perfect base and ruining it. 
The "write up" on the back of the packaging suggests these colours are soft neutrals and cool greys with stunning metallic metals. I'd disagree with the cool greys statement as I feel the colours are more golden metallic. There is a handy little section on the back for one smoky eye combination for anyone who has difficulty choosing what colours to wear. 


The packaging for this product is quite cute, I love the clear plastics and the white design as it looks really clean and fresh. I really like the fact that there is a little applicator that comes with the kit. When I'm home I always use my Real Techniques brushes to apply product but I can drop this Palette into the bottom of my hand bag without having to carry brushes for touch ups too. 
I'd recommend this product as a bargain buy for everyday use, for something to use for a little pick me up, but for a big occasion such as a christening or a wedding, I'd definitely say stick to MAC or Urban Decay's Naked.Taking nothing away from this palette, Ill be using it for my date night, but id be cautious about its staying power and how the colours would photograph after an hour or so's wear. 

Anyone else got any Bank Holiday Plans? Id be interested in hearing your thoughts on this palette too. Get in touch. 

Much love 
Amy 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment